Co Thach pagoda
BTO - Co Thach pagoda or Hang pagoda
is situated near the beach in Binh Thanh commune, Tuy Phong district, 100km away
from Phan Thiet city to the North. It is lied inside the natural cave with
romantic scenes. This pagoda was built in 1835 – 1836 on the low mountain hill
at an altitude of 64m. People used the cliff caves to build this pagoda. At
first, it was just a small temple with wood walls and leaf roof. In King Thieu
Tri’s dynasty, it was built large in terms of space and arts, and has been
remained undamaged up to now. The entire area of this pagoda is about 1,200m2,
including the sanctum, outside three-door temple gate, and other scene works.
In early 1997, this pagoda
built more Boddhisattva Avalokitesvara Buddha (Goddess for mercy) statues along
the beach, giving a beautiful landscape when standing from the pagoda look down.
There are more and more pilgrims visiting the pagoda. On festivals like the
Memorial Day on May 25th (lunar year), on Whale worshiping Festival
on June 16th (lunar year), Qingming festival, it attract tens of
thousands of pilgrims to visit it and its beautiful sites.
On December 21, 1993, Hang
pagoda was recognized as a national Historic site by the Ministry of Culture and
Information. Not only do pilgrims visit the pagoda, but they can enjoy swimming
in the green and clear waters, as well as collect stones of naturally different
colors and shapes. Co Thach pagoda and Co thach beach are two ideal and
interesting destination for local and international tourist.
Binh Thuan tourist